Ingredients Approx. 1/2 pound of pork belly (or your choice of protein) 1 jar of Choi’s Napa Cabbage Kimchi 1/2 tbs. sugar 1 tsp. of hot pepper flakes (gochugaru) 1/2 tbs. of hot pepper paste (gochujang) 1/4 onion (sliced) 1 green onion (sliced) 1/4 package of tofu (sliced into cubes) Approx. 1-1.5 cups of water
Instructions 1. In a pot, add the entire jar of kimchi. 2. Add sliced onion, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, sugar, green onions, and pork belly (or your choice of protein). 3. Pour water over top or until all the ingredients are submerged. 4. Close lid and boil on high for 10 minutes. Afterwards, turn heat to medium and boil for 10 minutes. 5. Add tofu and boil for 5 minutes.
(makes approximately 4 servings)
more recipes coming soon!
KIMCHI Jeon (pancake) (makes approx. 6 servings)
1.5 cup of all-purpose flour 1/2 cup of ground flax seed 1/2 onion, chopped 12 oz. of Choi's Napa Kimchi with 3 tablespoons of kimchi juice
(kimchi juice is the "brine" that forms during fermentation that remains in a jar
of kimchi) 3 stalks of scallion, cut into 2-3 in. lengths 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1/2 cup of water
Oil, for pan frying
1. Prepare the batter by mixing the water, flour, flax seed, salt and kimchi juice in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir the batter to blend thoroughly. Then combine the onion, kimchi, scallion
together and mix well.
3. Heat up a pan on medium to high, and coat it with oil.
4. Ladle some batter onto the pan and spread it thinly and evenly to form
a round shape.
5. Pan fry for a couple minutes until the bottom becomes golden, brown,
6. Turn it over and cook the other side until it also becomes golden, brown and
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining batter.
Cooks Note: You can make your Kimchi Jeon whatever size you
wish. You may also add optional ingredients such as pork, red bell
peppers, or jalapeño. Using more fermented (older) kimchi will give